To comply with Governor Greg Abbott's Executive Order on March 19, 2020, TbarS would like to announce the following changes:
Due to recent events regarding the COVID-19 virus, the following rules will be in effect at this location beginning March 20, 2020 until further notice
Section 81.002 of the Texas Health and Safety Code states:
“RESPONSIBILITY OF STATE AND PUBLIC. The state has a duty to protect the public health. Each person shall act responsibly to prevent and control communicable disease.“
1. Future reservations will be limited to 50% occupancy, or 8 reserved/occupied campsites at a time.
2. Since most of our customers have facilities in their trailers, the restrooms and showers will be closed until further notice in an attempt to prevent the potential of spreading the virus. If you do not have facilities, contact your host and arrangements may be made on a case-by-case basis. Not wanting to empty tanks will not be a reason to use the camps facilities.
3. Absolutely no gatherings of 10 or more individuals will be permitted, this includes at campsites and/or campfires as well as riding groups. This is a law cited in executive order #GA-08 issued by Governor Greg Abbott on March 19, 2020.
4. The covered area of the pavilion is restricted to sign in only. We are making attempts to get all paperwork (release form and Coggins check) done electronically. If you did not receive these via email prior to your arrival, forms will still be available at the pavilion. We are also requesting all payments be made via PayPal prior to arrival.
5. The ride–thru gate (going into our front yard travelling to the trails) will remain open during riding hours. Please do not shut the gate, your host will.
6. Community muck buckets and pickers are available, but strongly suggest that campers bring their own if they have them.
T bar S Horse Camp understands that some of these measures may seem extreme, but we are committed to the well-being of our guests and also want to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests in this stressful time.
Thank you for your cooperation
2 horse pens included per site
The Piney Creek Horse Trails are marked and mapped!
Short 2 hour haul from Houston, and just 3 hours from Dallas
davy crockett national forest horse camp camping equestrian trail riding equine trails